Science Education Centers and Their Role in Popularization of Contemporary Documentary Heritage in the Republic of Kazakhstan

Print PDF

УДК 930.25

Efim I. Pivovar

Russian State University for the Humanities, Moscow, Russian Federation

Alexander V. Gushchin

Alexander S. Levchenkov

Science Education Centers and Their Role in Popularization of Contemporary Documentary Heritage in the Republic of Kazakhstan

Grant information

The article has been prepared within the framework of the execution of the state task on the project "Russia and Eurasia: foreign policy, economic and humanitarian cooperation at the beginning of the XXI century" (number for publication: 33.9610.2017/8.9)

Abstract

The collapse of the USSR led to formation of new independent states in the former Soviet Union territories; their first objective was the fastest possible formation of their own state apparatus and institutes. This process had a serious impact on reforming the previously united archival system; changes included functioning of the archives and usage of archival documents. Every CIS country has some specific traits in structure of archives and organization of archiving, and also in implementations of reforms to modernize the work of the branch. Archives development is an important task for post-Soviet states. Archives development in Kazakhstan, Russia’s key player in the former Soviet Union, arouses much research interest. There is an extensive network of archives in Kazakhstan, their development is a priority of the Republic. Archival meetings have been and still are perceived not just as a part of cultural heritage, but also as a constituent element of in-depth studying of the national past. Modern Kazakhstan preserves close ties with Russia in archiving, but it also accumulates experience and extends ties to other leading archival and library systems of the world. In 2013 there was adopted a program of systematic acquisition and research of documents on the history of Kazakhstan. Thus, Russian efforts to promote a deeper cooperation in archiving assume paramount significance; preparation of a collaborative action agenda may be instrumental. There are several joint Russian-Kazakhstan projects crucial for development of bilateral relations, and archival cooperation is one of them. Implementation of these projects is much facilitated by a common school of archiving that goes back to Soviet era, mostly on account of activities of the Moscow State Institute for History and Archives. At present, the most important task is to establish cooperation in the training of historians and archivists in the two countries.

Download the article: pivovar_gushchin_levchenkov_doi

Keywords

System of archives, Kazakhstan, historical and documentary heritage, Archive of the President of Kazakhstan, “Nazarbayev center,” Library of the First President of the Republic of Kazakhstan

References

AVTOKRATOV, V. N. Teoreticheskie problemy otechestvennogo arkhivovedeniya [Theoretical issues of the national archival science. In Russ.]. Moscow, RGGU publ., 2001, 393 p.

Arkhivisty i arkhivy Kazakhstana. XX i XXI vv. Sb. dokumentov i materialov [Archivists and archives of Kazakhstan: 20th and 21st centuries: Collected documents and materials. In Russ.]. Almaty, Arhiv Prezidenta RK publ., 2015, 342 p.

DVENOSOVA, G. A., ORLOVA, M. M. Dokumentirovanie kak instrument upravleniya zhiznennym tsiklom IT-uslugi [Records creation as a management tool of IT services life cycle. In Russ.]. IN: Vestnik arhivista – Herald of an Archivist, 2017, no. 1, pp. 66-75.

KASYMBEKOV, M. B. Nursultan Nazarbaev. Biografiya [Nursultan Nazarbaev: A biography. In Russ.]. Astana, Delovoi mir Astana publ., 2012, 304 p.

LARIN, M. V. Gosudarstvennoe regulirovanie deloproizvodstva v Rossii: istorija i sovremennost' [State regulation of records management in Russia: History and contemporaneity.In Russ.]. IN: Vestnik arhivista – Herald of an Archivist, 2002, no. 3, pp. 66-80.

MASHCHENKO, N. E. Elektronnyi dokumentooborot v sisteme postroeniya “Elektronnogo pravitel'stva” Donetskoi Narodnoi Respubliki [Electronic document flow in construction of “e-government” of the Donetsk People's Republic. In Russ.]. IN: Vestnik arhivista – Herald of an Archivist, 2017, no. 1, pp. 189-202.

PIVOVAR, E. I. Istoriya arkhivnogo dela v Respublike Kazakhstan v litsakh [History of archiving in the Republic of Kazakhstan: Persons. In Russ.]. IN: Vestnik arhivista – Herald of an Archivist, 2017, no. 1, pp. 302-307.

SUROVTSEVA, N.G. Rol' normativnogo dokumenta v transformatsii sotsial'nykh otnoshenii. na osnove “Teorii strukturatsii” Entoni Giddensa [Role of normative documents in transformation of social relations: In terms of Anthony Giddens’ theory of structuration. In Russ IN: Vestnik arhivista – Herald of an Archivist, 2016, no. 4, pp. 100-114.

KHORKHORDINA, T. I. Rossiiskaya nauka ob arkhivakh: Istoriya. Teoriya. Lyudi [Russian science on the archives: History. Theory. People. In Russ.]. Moscow, RGGU publ., 2003, 535 p.

Аbout the authors

Efim Iosifovich Pivovar, PhD in History, professor, corresponding member of the Russian Academy of Sciences (RAN), Russian State University for Humanities, President, Director of the Institute for post-soviet and interregional studies, Moscow, Russian Federation

Alexander Vladimirovich Guschin, PhD in History, associate professor, department of post-Soviet countries, Russian State University for, assistant professor, Moscow, Russian Federation, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Alexander Stanislavovich Levchenkov, PhD in History, associate professor, department of post-Soviet countries, Russian State University for, assistant professor, Moscow, Russian Federation, This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Submitted 26.06.2017, published:

PIVOVAR, E. I., GUSHCHIN, A. V., LEVCHENKOV, A. S. Nauchno-prosvetitel'skie tsentry i ikh rol' v populyarizatsii sovremennogo dokumental'nogo naslediya v Respublike Kazakhstan [Science education centers and their role in popularization of contemporary documentary heritage in the Republic of Kazakhstan. In Russ.]. IN: Vestnik arhivista – Herald of an Archivist, 2017, no. 3, pp. 99-117.

You can read completely article in the russian historic-archival magazine “The Herald of an Archivist”. Read more about terms of subscription here.

Полностью материал публикуется в российском историко-архивоведческом журнале ВЕСТНИК АРХИВИСТА. Ознакомьтесь с условиями подписки здесь.